Thursday, October 14, 2010

Transit to Okinawa

13 October and 14 October 2010:

I said goodbye to Jennifer and to the kids this morning. I am not usually given to tears, but Keren got them out of me. Things we will all miss during the family deployment:

Long conversations about submarine operations on which I know nothing.
The inbound monkey
The seltzer club
Morning wrestling matches to get Gavi out of bed

We have crossed the dateline today. As well, the plane has gone above the Arctic Circle. If the GPS is correct, we have gone even north of Alaska. Presently, we are above Russian airspace, west of the Sea of Okhotsk. It is a shame that we have flown above a constant cloud cover. The clouds look the same everywhere.

I landed in Okinawa. It is nighttime, so I did not see that much. Tomorrow, I have to get a haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment