Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Good Chaplain Week

Top of the evening everyone.

First of all, let me tell you what happened with the officer whose money I defaced. He did drink during the long weekend. Over the four days, he consumed a total of seven beverages. Putting my corps insignia on his money had an effect. He could feel it in his pocket all the time, and he at least had to think about it before spending. The corps insignia had the desired effect. Still, seven beverages is about seven beverages above the result I wanted. It could have been worse. I think it kept him from going higher. I claim here partial success.

I claim full success in a different area. This is one of the joys of the internet. In short, I saved the life of a Soldier in Korea this week. How did I do that? I am glad you asked. The soldier in Korea apparently was suicidal. He told a friend in the US. The friend told one of my Marines. The Marine called me. I spent Monday afternoon tracking down a chaplain in Korea. I told him that I only had a name and a region. Apparently, the peninsula is pretty long. The Soldier in question was over 200 miles away. They found him. The fuse on this one was lit. We stopped a suicide. The Soldier is in the hospital for psychological screening and help. There is no injury to report. I like it when it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment