Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shabbat Shalom

Hi all....

This was a strange Shabbat. The forces of evil just wanted to hinder my observance. I left my lights on when I left for services. On my way back after tefillot, the police are gathered in the street. We have a habu viper headed down the street. They captured him. I understand that they will milk him to make antivenin, and then release him up north where there is a habu reserve. Anyway, while gone, housekeeping went in. They turned off all of my lights, with the exception of the bedroom and the bathrom. So I made my Shabbat dinner (peanut butter and jelly - I keep it light). I took it and ate in the lobby of where I am staying. The next morning, I stepped out of my room. When I came back, housekeeping had gotten the bedroom light also. It also rained all day.

On the positive side, I had a lovely day. I knocked off about 275 pages of "Grapes of Wrath." It has been a long time. I had forgotten how good a writer John Steinbeck is.

No comments:

Post a Comment