Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Difference between a Teenager and a Vacuum

Hi all...

It is amazing to witness.

The other morning, I was trying to put lunches together for the kids to take to school. Gavi and Keren presented no problem. Of late, I have been giving Jesse yogurt, cheese sticks, and some fruit. It is probably not enough, but he brings home half of it anyway. I searched all of the logical places. There was no yogurt. Odd...there had been yogurt the night before.

So I asked Jesse. Did he answer me? No. He gave me a sheepish grin. This grin translates into Latin as 'mea culpa'.

Ok...scramble...find lunch...send kids to school.

Yesterday, he came out on the deck with six little containers of yogurt. This was a snack. To my surprise, he only ate four, with some tortillas and jelly on the side.

A bag of cheese sticks might also make a meal for him.

We never know anymore what exactly will be in the refrigerator from day to day, and from evening to morning.

And the difference between a teenager and the vacuum cleaner? On Shabbat, the vacuum cleaner does not get used.

Have a good evening everyone.

R/SCG

No comments:

Post a Comment