Friday, September 25, 2015

Mad Magazine

Top of the day to all...

When I was a kid, my brother had a subscription to Mad magazine.  This was back in the days of Don Martin and William Gaines.  I remember their movie and television spoofs, 'Spy vs Spy,' and a few other things.

Two specific memories stick out in my mind.  The first was a spoof of the animated version of "The Hobbit."  It was a musical.  One of the lyrics, reworked to "Blowin' in the Wind," was 'how many days can a Hobbit go on, when he's hungry and tired and hurt?"

There was once a feature on laws we would like to see.  It is this section that brings these other memories to mind.  What triggered my memory of this section?  It is the only law that I remember, and it is highly relevant as we go into a federal election here in Canada, and then prepare for an election in the United States.

All candidates will be required to eat any campaign signs still posted three days after the election.

This still strikes me as a good law.

Have a great day everyone.

R/SCH 

No comments:

Post a Comment